It’s been 3 months since I wrote the first post (about Sweet Water and Tandoori Shark) on Goan Flavour. Has so much time passed already!?
It’s been an interesting journey. I was pretty enthusiastic about posting about Goa in the initial days, putting up pretty much everything I thought of, without really thinking how useful it is for the reader.
Hopefully I’ve learned from my lessons and the later blogs are more in tune with helping newcomers discover Goa, and old timers rediscover it :).
On a different note, these three months have led to the discovery of many interesting blogs on WordPress. It is quite awe-inspiring to read these stories, posted by some very talented people. It has forced me to think harder, and write better posts.
One of the bloggers, Les 3 Elephants, who has an amazing story by the way (read about it here), was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster blog award.
While I won’t be writing for it, I will be recommending some of the very inspiring bloggers, who’s posts are a pleasure to read. Fun, quirky and often deep, they enrich everyday life and make you think about life beyond your own world.
Here they are (in no particular order), and I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do :):
- Fabulous 50’s – Great posts by a “fifty-ish” baby boomer who puts many young people to shame with her vibrant energy
- Dreaming in Arabic – All about adventures in the UAE. Compelling and well written posts with nice photos.
- The Open Suitcase – Quirky, fun posts about travel with family
- Not in India – A nice blog with gentle, relaxing posts, quotes, thoughts and much more
- PS Love Charli – A very nice blog about fashion, health and celebrities
- AvecVeritas – Another well written blog about make up and beauty. Great to suggest to all your female friends!
- MissAdventure – Follow the adventures of Jessica as she travels and writes about teaching abroad in China, Thailand and more
- The High Heel Gourmet – I love this blog for its wonderful pictures of authentic Thai and Asian fusion food. You can see that Miranti really puts a lot of effort in writing detailed recipes designed to make you drool.
- Simple Tom – I enjoy Tom’s blog for his high impact visuals and informative videos. His posts are simple, not too long, but they leave you inspired and thinking of a better way to live :).
- CristianMihai – This is one of the latest discoveries. A writer from Romania, Cristian has great short stories, essays and more about the craft of writing, its struggles and joys.
- Wanderful World – Adventures of an arm chair traveller!
- TheVintagePostcard – She has some of the best photograph galleries about travels around the world and a most beautiful website layout.
- EricJohnBaker – Another nice blog about writing. Eric is also a talented musician and just posted a great song in the genre of Progressive Post-Punk Arena Pop. Check it out the video here. The band’s called Full Blown Cranium and the albums called Cacophony of Weirdos. Just hearing the name, you know you want to listen to it :)!
- Chronicles of Wanderlust – As they say, two travelers discovering the world and capturing their journey with nice posts and photos. They just covered Victoria and are having a contest giving away Maple Cream Cookies, amongst other prizes :). Check it out right away!
I do apologize for my brief introductions above; they do not to do justice to the depth and breadth of topics covered by them.They cover travel, living, fashion, food, inspiration and much much more :).
I invite you to explore and enjoy these blogs.
And do come back to Goan Flavour, for fun, food and relaxation.
I’m shifting goanflavour from WordPress to be hosted on Hostgator.com. So during the transfer process, it’s possible that some pictures/links may no longer work. If you find any link not working or post not displaying, please let me know, and I’ll fix it right away.
The decision to shift was prompted by a wish to have greater control on the website and I’m it will work out better for you:)!